Monday, August 24, 2009

Instant mashed potatoes...

So I wanted to keep a running tally on odd cravings I've been having lately. I figured myself for an icecream, chocolate, sweets kind of pregnant lady since those are the things I rarely want to eat. That has not been the case!! So far my odd cravings have been resembling my hangover cravings:

*Ramen Noodles (hellloooo Gordon College circa 2000-2001)
*Instant mashed potatoes...you know the kind you add water to that can double as mortar for housing projects!
*Spring Rolls and Egg Drop Soup...yum!!
*Skittles...I don't eat Skittles normally b/c they make me feel like my jaw is going to pop out of socket
*Pizza, pizza and more pizza (blast you Little Ceasars and your $5 pizzas!)
*Hot Pockets! (I feel like a 10 year old!)
*Salt and Vinegar Kettle Cooked chips...salty sour little bites of Heaven
*Bean burritos and sour cream
*Anything with cheese on it...especially baked potatoes or quesadillas
*Mayfield milk...the closer to whole milk the better!
*Biscuits, bagels, Triscuits, Goldfish, cornbread...carb carb carb!

...and that's been about it so far. Why can't I have a healthy craving that involves some kind of fruit or vegetable...sigh. I always thought I would be one of those nutty moms that would only eat an uber healthy diet of organic fruits and veggies, lean proteins and whole grains only. What happened??? I'm so disappointed in myself! :)The only good thing that has come out of this so far is I have had no cravings for beer or to smoke since I found out for sure I was pregnant. In fact, right now I would rather drink a 20oz bottle of Pepsi than a six pack of Yuengling which is unheard of for me! I cheated last night and took a sip of my hubby's soda in front of the fridge with the door wide open...I almost fell to my knees from the sheer pleasure of it:). I have had a weird aversion to poultry so far..and it took me about 5 weeks to be able to handle any meat in general again...strange! We'll see what the next two trimesters bring.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

 
Copyright 2009 Good Will Hunter. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase