Thursday, February 26, 2009

By Gwendolyn Brooks

I ran across this again this week. I remember submitting it for a poetry project in high school and it is another poem that has always stuck in my mind. I think it means more to me now than it did even then.

Corners of the Curving Sky
Our earth is round, and, among other things
That means that you and I can hold completely different
Points of view and both be right.
The difference of our positions will show
Stars in your window. I cannot even imagine.
Your sky may burn with light,
While mine, at the same moment,
Spreads beautiful to darkness.
Still, we must choose how we separately corner
The circling universe of our experience
Once chosen, our cornering will determine
The message of any star and darkness we
encounter.

1 comments:

Pikachu said...

not too shabby. Because the world is round it turns me on. OO <-------- (these are boobs by the way)
Cramer

Post a Comment

My Blog List

 
Copyright 2009 Good Will Hunter. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase